I am a humanistic therapist trained in Person-Centred counselling, Gestalt therapy and Transactional Analysis. I draw on these, and a relational approach to tailor the therapy to your needs.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Diploma and BSc (Hons) in Humanistic Counselling (Metanoia Institute)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (Manchester)
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society (MBPsS)
- Friend of BAATN (The Black, Africa and Asian Therapy Network)
- Member of Psychotherapists and Counsellors for Social Change
I have worked with two LGBTQ+ organisations, the East London Out Project (ELOP) and Switchboard, and continue to have a particular interest in working with individuals from this and other oppressed or minority communities.
In addition to my counselling practice, I hold an academic post as Senior Lecturer which allows me space to engage in research, scholarship, and teaching looking at the psychology of lawyering, and issues affecting lawyers. I previously practiced as a family law Barrister.